When it comes to having a new deck built, many homeowners stop in their tracks. It makes sense, because there’s so much to consider. The process becomes 99% easier when a client chooses C&L Ward to create their dream deck using Fiberon composite decking.
The best place to start is the design phase. With Fiberon’s “design your deck” tool, the process goes from overwhelming to fun.
Here are some tips to consider:
1. How big should the deck be? That depends on budget and intent of use. For instance, if the outdoor living space is used to surround a pool, the deck should be bigger.
2. Bigger isn’t always better, however! If the intent of the space is a private, nook-style getaway, a smaller size may want to be considered.
3. Design the deck with a photo of the home. Fiberon’s design your deck program gives you a comprehensive experience. In fact, a photo of the home can be uploaded, the a digital deck built around it! While that’s pretty cool, this feature allows one to see how big to make the outdoor living space.
4. Consider what goes with the deck. The deck design system outfits custom Fiberon deck designs with a number of colors, grain patterns, shapes, and levels. As one considers how big the deck should be, stair placements and railing options need to be thought through.
5. Determine a budget. Whether a king-sized deck is being built or a cozy retreat, there’s nothing worse than trying to design a deck without knowing how much one can spend. Making sure that all of you wish items are requested to the sales representative is important for the most accurate quote. This will avoid any timeline delays by going back and forth with design because it doesn’t fit into a specific budget.